This is a patch release for the jQuery Validation Plugin. It contains a few changes, though most notable is the fix for the newly implemented
aria-describedby-based behaviour for error elements introduced in 1.13.0. That turned out to have a few issues which are now addressed.
Thanks to Markus Staab, who’s have been helping with ticket triage.
If you use the plugin, please donate or ask your boss to make a donation! This helps to run the plugin site and makes releases like this one possible.
4 people contributed code to this release. A big thank you to: Barry vd. Heuvel, colemanw, Damian Mooyman and fernandopasse. Also thank you to everyone who reported issues on GitHub or commented on them.
- Please post questions to the official Using jQuery Plugins Forum, tagging your question with (at least) “validate”. Keep your question short and succinct and provide code; a testpage makes it much more likely that you get an useful answer in no time.
- Please post bug reports and other contributions (enhancements, features, e.g. new validation methods) to the GitHub issue tracker
The full changelog:
- Ignore readonly as well as disabled fields. (9f4ba10)
- Improve id escaping, store escaped id in describedby (#1269, d36d1bc)
- Escape id/name before using it as a selector in errorsFor (#1275, 20f3e9f)
- Allow 0 as value for autoCreateRanges (fe14d00)
- Apply ignore setting to all validationTargetFor elements (f1c611e)
- Use return value of submitHandler to allow or prevent form submit (#650, 8b2f1e0)
- Explicit default for focusCleanup option (#676, 0cb3c95)
- Fix incorrect regexp (#1200, c054707)
- Don’t trim value in min/max/rangelength methods (#1274, 452b823)