An update for the jQuery validation plugin is available. This brings compability with jQuery 1.5.1, while staying backwards compatible with 1.3.2, 1.4.2, 1.4.4 and 1.5.0.
A bug related to remove validation with client-side formatted messages was fixed, along with improvements to localizations and four new ones, resulting in a total of 34 localizations.
This release is the first to use Google Closure Compiler for minifying files. Like other projects, I’ve dropped the .pack.js files in favor of minifying and gzipping.
The full changelog:
- Improved NL localization
- Added Georgian (GE) localization, thanks Avtandil Kikabidze
- Added Serbian (SR) localization, thanks Aleksandar Milovac
- Added ipv4 and ipv6 to additional methods, thanks Natal Ngétal
- Added Japanese (JA) localization, thanks Bryan Meyerovich
- Added Catalan (CA) localization, thanks Xavier de Pedro
- Fixed missing var statements within for-in loops
- Fix for remote validation, where a formatted message got messed up
- Bugfixes for compability with jQuery 1.5.1, while maintaining backwards-compability
The migration to GitHub is mostly complete, issues are now tracked there:
- Please post questions to the official Using jQuery Plugins Forum, tagging your question with (at least) “validate”. Keep your question short and succinct and provide code when possible; a testpage makes it much more likely that you get an useful answer in no time.
- Please post bug reports and other contributions (enhancements, features, eg. new validation methods) to the GitHub issue tracker