Getting Validation 1.2. done takes much longer then I expected. To compensate for that, here is a bugfix release for the validation plugin, containing all fixes and improvements from the latest revision, compatible with both jQuery 1.1.x and jQuery 1.2.x.
- Fixed invalid XHTML, preventing error label creation in IE since jQuery 1.1.4
- Fixed and improved String.format: Global search & replace, better handling of array arguments
- Fixed cancel-button handling to use validator-object for storing state instead of form element
- Fixed name selectors to handle “complex” names, eg. containing brackets (“list”)
- Added button and disabled elements to exclude from validation
- Moved element event handlers to refresh to be able to add handlers to new elements
- Fixed email validation to allow long top level domains (eg. “.travel”)
- Moved showErrors() from valid() to form()
- Added validator.size(): returns the number of current errors
- Call submitHandler with validator as scope for easier access of it’s methods, eg. to find error labels using errorsFor(Element)
- Compatible with jQuery 1.1.x and 1.2.x
I’ve started moving and recreating the documentation to the jQuery wiki. Most parts are still valid for 1.1.1, though a few things will be only available with 1.2 – check out the latet revision if you are interested.