An update for the jQuery validation plugin is available. Most important: Its now fully compatible with jQuery 1.4.2, and still fully compatible with jQuery 1.3.2. I didn’t test with 1.2.6, but it should work, too.
There are four new localizations: Lithuanian, Greek, Latvian and Hebrew. The Spanish localization got a few improvements (I fully trust my contributors on that). Someone also contributed phoneUK and mobileUK methods, which can be found in additional-methods.js (while adding those, I renamed the phone-method to phoneUS).
And as a first proof of concept, there is now a demo styled with jQuery UI Themeroller classes. I’ll improve that when form support gets better in jQuery UI (planned for 1.9).
The full changelog:
- Added Lithuanian (LT) localization
- Added Greek (EL) localization (http://plugins.jquery.com/node/12319)
- Added Latvian (LV) localization (http://plugins.jquery.com/node/12349)
- Added Hebrew (HE) localization (http://plugins.jquery.com/node/12039)
- Fixed Spanish (ES) localization (http://plugins.jquery.com/node/12696)
- Added jQuery UI themerolled demo
- Removed cmxform.js
- Fixed four missing semicolons (http://plugins.jquery.com/node/12639)
- Renamed phone-method in additional-methods.js to phoneUS
- Added phoneUK and mobileUK methods to additional-methods.js (http://plugins.jquery.com/node/12359)
- Deep extend options to avoid modifying multiple forms when using the rules-method on a single element (http://plugins.jquery.com/node/12411)
- Bugfixes for compability with jQuery 1.4.2, while maintaining backwards-compability
The right place for support changed a bit – the mailinglist is no more, replaced by a much cooler forum:
- Please post questions to the official Using jQuery Plugins Forum, tagging your question with (at least) “validate”. Keep your question short and succinct and provide code when possible; a testpage makes it much more likely that you get an useful answer in no time.
- Please post bug reports and other contributions (enhancements, features, eg. new validation methods) to the plugins.jQuery.com bug tracker (requires registration).